The successful candidate will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following job duties: administration of the corporate Quality System for assigned facilities, welding and metallurgical support for routine station welding issues, welding project support, development of welding procedures and maintenance of welding qualification records, periodic station program assessments, welding technical support on new construction projects, development of weld repair plans for failed components, and training of station personnel.
Major responsibilities and specific job duties:
- Station welding technical support
- Outage and project welding technical support
- Quality System program management and assessments (including weld procedure development, welder qualification maintenance and station based training).
- Technical support of new construction projects.
- Graduation from a four-year college or university with a Bachelor of Science in Engineering.
- Understanding of basic engineering theories and principles.
- Understanding of basic practices of researching engineering and design issues, evaluating alternatives, making sound recommendations and preparing and presenting recommendations
- Successful completion of the Fundamental of Engineering exam.
- A Degree in Welding Engineering is preferred. Degrees in Mechanical Engineering, Metallurgy or Materials Science will also be considered.
- Familiarity and/or experience with ASME B&PV Codes, ASME B31 Piping Codes, AWS Codes and the NBIC.
- Prefer at least 5 years welding engineering experience in electric utility industry with fossil experience a plus.
- Previous experience with Quality System program administration in compliance with the NBIC is desirable.
- Experience with the manufacture and installation of boiler, piping, and other station components is a plus.
- A thorough understanding of codes and standards.
- Demonstrate a high level of organizational and interaction skills.
- Posses problem solving skills, ability to work independently.
- Effective communication skills with customers, management, and peers.
- Demonstrated commitment to work priorities and deadlines while anticipating changes.